Saturday, September 11, 2010

Awesome Mini Kitchen

So if there is one thing I love its food. Food and cooking. I grew up in a house where my mother had 6 mouths to feed, and she never ever skipped out on flavour, presentation or quality. Whether it was 1 person or 100, she always created the best food I have ever eaten, hands down. I'm not just saying this because she is my mom, that would be demeaning her talent as a chef. So as a result, I grew to love food, cooking, hosting parties, attention to detail etc. So this mini kitchen caught my eye right away. I LOVE it. It would probably never work for me as I need alot of space to move and cut and cook, but I love the idea of it. It could be adjusted to work in a larger space.

As an architecture student, the idea of sustainability was largely focused upon during our education, and boy is this thing sustainable.

The video pretty much shows how it works as a system.

Flow2 from Flow 2 on Vimeo.




Flow is a living kitchen where nature and technology are integrated in a symbiotic relationship, processes flow into one another in a natural cycle, efficiently utilizing energy, waste, water and other natural resources. It provides a space not only for preparing food but an environment that gives a better understanding of how natural processes work. A kitchen where food is grown, stored, cooked and composted to grow more food.


I think its such a great idea, so simple, yet so effective. More pics after the jump!



















Simple concept, great execution!















The drying rack over the herbs is simply genius.















I love the chopping board over the trash/compost area. Simple, accessible and QUICK, which is
the most important thing!















The vege rack next to the chopping board, another simple, yet great idea.















Seriously, I can't get enough of it! Chopping boards as lids, and separate boards for bread, cheese and veges! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

For more info about flow or Studio Gorm's desgins, check out their website.

All the images are from studiogorm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment