Saturday, June 27, 2009

MJ

Hello everyone! Welcome to my brand new blog! My name is Laila. I'm just your average 20 year old girl living in Toronto city! My new blog is an experiment of mine. I will be writing about anything and everything that I can think of. In one way it's getting my many thoughts out of my head, and another way seeing who out there in the world can relate. I'm sure there are millions of us who think about the same things, fear the same things, love the same things and so on. This is just my way of seeing how many of you do (or if I'm just crazy). So on that note, I'll begin my first blog/thought of the day!

This is old news by now, but I'm sure all of you know, unless you've been living under a rock, Michael Jackson has passed away. I found out while in a meeting just after 6 o'clock. I wasn't sure how I felt when I found out. It was shocking to say the least. My friend proceeded to drive me home after the meeting. MJ was playing on almost every radio station. My friend and I, who strangely enough is also called Michael, started blasting Beat It and dancing wildly in his car. People stared at us and laughed, we didn't really care. It seemed as if people were happy that Michael Jackson had died.

After Michael (the friend, not the legend) dropped me off at home, I turned on the tele only to be greeted by MJ's face plastered all over every channel. A few hours of watching people discussing his death, I realized that the "happiness" I thought I felt in the car was not about him being dead. It was a happiness celebrating his achievements. I'm sure all of you understand this feeling. MJ's music touched us all. It goes straight to your heart. It brings about emotions and makes you want to move. This is what I classify as a legend and an artist. His ability to touch so many people in the world was magical. As strange as his life was, I can't judge him, and I don't believe any one else should. He grew up in the spotlight, so naturally he was going to lead a strange, veiled life.

As I went to bed that night, I listened to all of his great hits from Liberian Girl to Thriller. It really hit me then. We had lost the most amazing artist of our time. this man had set the bar so high, it may not be reached ever again. He created artists such as Justin Timberlake and Usher. He set the trends in dance, fashion and music. It hit me that I would never see him perform live, nor would I live to see him release another amazing album. These thoughts physically crushed me. My heart dropped and I felt a sadness I haven't felt in a long time. Michael Jackson, you will be sorely missed. May you rest in peace.

I'm sure heaven has recieved a great character, along with Farah Fawcett and Ed McMahon. I'll leave you with an electrifying performance by Michael himself


No comments:

Post a Comment