Monday, June 29, 2009

I Have An Itch...

No not of the nasty kind. I have this incredible itch to travel. It's not like anything I've ever felt before. It physically hurts. I want to travel. I'm dying to go to Brazil and all of South America. I just go to sleep every night unsatisfied. Something is missing in my life and I don't know what it is. I want to EXPERIENCE something different. I want to meet new people and feel new things. I want to get out of this city that I've been in for 5 straight years and go somewhere different and invigorating. I feel like I need something new, rather than this dull, monotonous routine that I go through every day. I want to give up Architecture for a year and travel across all the cities I've been dying to go to and actually SEE all the buildings I've been repeatedly shown in class. Why not? Well other than the money issue. We only live once so why should we slave away working from morning to night barely making ends meet. I suppose I sound like every person in the world. I just feel empty. I have nothing exciting to do or feel, nor someone to share anything exciting that could possibly happen to me. This urge is killing me. For some reason its really potent today. I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE!! Grad trip is to South America. That's it. I've made up my mind! I think its reading blogs about people rowing across the ocean and a guy running from Amsterdam to Athens, that has made me especially needy today. I feel so...unaccomplished. Here they are, these people spending a summer doing something the rest of the world would never dare to do. I applaud them for going after their goals and dreams. It must feel amazing. Not only to achieve what they set out to do, but the memories, experiences and people they meet along the way is absolutely priceless. (Sigh) Someday I'll make it down to Brazil, or some island I've been dreaming about, but for today I'll just have to make do with the rainy, gloomy weather of Toronto. (And some great pictures of Porto Dos Corais, Natal - Brazil and Bali)















No comments:

Post a Comment